One myth commonly associated with window replacements is that they cannot be done during the winter. While it makes perfect sense to assume that window replacements would not be possible during the colder months of the year, it’s simply not true. If you’re interested in replacing your home’s old windows in Burlington County, don’t let New Jersey’s cold weather deter you. When you work with a professional vinyl window installer, you won’t have to worry about too much cold air and precipitation entering your home during the replacement.
If you haven’t already settled on a new style of window for your home, you can take a look at our list of four popular window styles and see how they can benefit you.
Casement windows have become more popular over the years especially among traditional style homes. This style of window features a cranking-arm mechanism and works similarly to a door as it has a hinge on one side and swings out on the other.
- Ventilation: The entire window opens allowing for a breeze to enter your home.
- Energy Efficient: When closed, they produce an airtight seal making them the most energy efficient operational window option.
Single & Double Hung Windows
These are probably the most common and popular window replacement style amongst homeowners. On a single hung window, only the bottom panel opens but on a double hung window, both panels can move up and down freely.
- Classic Style: This style of windows seems to never go out style.
- Easy Cleaning: Double hung windows can tilt, making cleaning a breeze.
The most notable feature of picture windows is the fact that they do not open. This style of window is attractive to homeowners who like natural light, and they can be combined with other window styles that are operational to produce airflow.
- Energy Efficient: Since they do not open, they do not allow for leaks.
- Larger Views: This style of window is usually larger and lets in more natural light.
Bow and Bay Windows
Both bow and bay windows feature a curved architectural design that makes them very popular. If your home needs ventilation, you can request that operational windows be installed for sides.
- Increased Value: This window style is very attractive to homebuyers and can boost your home’s value.
Those interested in purchasing replacement windows in Burlington County, NJ should contact us today for a FREE quote by calling 856-546-1120.