As a homeowner, you make a lot of decisions about the composition and look of your home. However, one of the things you may not be thinking about is your siding- more specifically, what your siding is made out of. There’s a ton of reasons why vinyl siding in South Jersey has been flying off the shelves; check out our top five reasons not to look past vinyl when considering siding for your home.
1. It never needs to be painted. Vinyl siding is the best choice if you are not much of a DIY-er. Because the color components are mixed into the material, you’ll never have to worry about unsightly chipping paint.
2. It’s affordable. Vinyl siding in Philadelphia costs an average of $1.60 per square foot to install, while other materials cost an average of two and a half times that amount. If cost is one of your top priorities, vinyl is probably going to be the best choice for you.
3. It’s durable. If you live in an area that frequently experiences high winds, heavy rain, or other elemental issues, vinyl siding can provide a protective coating to your home that’s stronger than alternatives. This will even save money in the long run, because …
4. It’s basically maintenance-free. The most maintenance that will come with your vinyl siding will probably be an annual power washing. Vinyl is made to withstand the elements, and is inhospitable to pests like termites and rotting, so it’s the ideal siding material for the lazy.
5. It’s versatile. With an almost endless selection of colors, textures, and profiles, there almost certainly exists a vinyl siding that fits your tastes. From classic Victorian scallops to more modern, muted color palettes, vinyl can take on an endless array of looks to accommodate your individual aesthetic preferences.
If you wish to learn more about the benefits of vinyl siding, we encourage you to contact us today!